Friday, April 8, 2011

Tacky, Tacky, Tacky!

Mr. Case and I were perusing the dollar bins at Target when we stumbled upon some pink, plastic flamingos. You know the kind, right? They're most frequently found on the lawns of the elderly in Florida. We hatched a plan to plant one in my parent's yard, and wait to see how long it would take for them to notice. Here it is:



We took bets on Facebook on how long it would take them, promising the winner baby naming rights. All of the guesses were very weak and gave my parents entirely too much credit. It's a good thing, too, because the options weren't names we were too fond of, to say the least! Myrito Axle Rose, anyone?

Anyway, much to our shock, it took longer than even we anticipated. My mom didn't notice till day 4 and my dad didn't notice at all. My baby brother had noticed on day 2 but I had sworn him to secrecy. To our further surprise, mom loved it and decided she wanted to get a flock's worth to put out as a signal when she is hosting a party. Go figure.


No comments: