Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl!

We are having a family party for the Super Bowl. A nice man from our marriage group at church invited us to another couple's house but we are shy and didn't follow up on it (he did ask if we were coming during church so I guess they really wanted us there-feels good!)

I feel like I am coming down with a sinus infection so I am not preparing my usual feast like I do when we entertain. Not many OTC's work for me do to my sensitivity to Pseudoephedrine so I am just trying to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

Anyway, on to the menu:

We ordered our wings from Wing Stop this year. We got mild, hot, terriyaki and BBQ
Pigs in a blanket
Spanokopita
Assorted mini quiche
Apple pie

As you can see, Costco is doing the catering for this event!  And yes, I am making an apple pie. I wanted a football-themed dessert and all I could think of was the "green" in Green Bay so I bought some green apples.

As for the brownies of days prior, well, they didn't materialize. I didn't have enough butter so I ended up baking a cake, instead. It turned out gross. I'm beginning to get concerned because baking is pretty much my only talent and I don't know what I will do if I lose it. Just kidding, I'm also good at folding laundry.

No comments: