Thursday, November 18, 2010

Public Service Announcement

Tonight Mr. Case and I were driving to dinner and a man pulled up next to us in a large truck. He had one foot resting on the dashboard and was on his cell phone. Obviously he deserves to lose his license but I digress....

I commented that women are usually the ones to put their feet up on the dash. Mr. Case then informed me that in doing so, you almost guarantee loss of use of your legs should you get in an accident. I assumed he meant you'd go through the windshield but he explained that in actuality, the airbags splinter your bones from the force.


So, if you're one of those people that likes to put your feet up in the car, don't do it! Mr. Case is an automotive engineer so he knows what he's talking about. Be safe!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Oy, thanks for the tip! I tend to do that on long car trips & Eddie always yells at me. Never again!