Sunday, January 30, 2011

Church Overload

Today immediately following church we went to a luncheon for people considering joining the church. Mr. Case has a few issues with the church that he needs to resolve before making a commitment, and I respect that. Joining a new church is a big responsibility and shouldn't be taken lightly.

They served Waldorf salad sandwiches and turkey rolls. We're pretty picky eaters so we mostly left hungry, lol. This is an anti-mayo household!

After church we went to a CVS Minute Clinic. Gosh, I really love being the face of the uninsured in America! <---Sarcasm.

But really, it wasn't that bad. Certainly no worse than if we'd gone to a walk-in clinic and certainly cheaper!

After a quick dinner at Sonic (yuck) we went to "small group." The group wasn't small. The host home was packed and they had to hire three babysitters to accommodate the 11 small kids and babies. When we said we wanted to meet people our age, the pastor didn't disappoint. Most of them seemed to be in the same phase of life.

But now, it is late and I'm tired. 5 hours is a lot for any activity, especially one that requires as much thought was worship.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Yesterday I finally got a haircut. There will be a picture on the family blog when I get Mr. Case to photograph my belly tomorrow (4 days late but I am an admitted Hot Mess.)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We are an anti-mayo household too. :-) Hope you are able to find your new home soon, I know how hard it is to find a new church you love.