Monday, June 13, 2011

Fairweather Fan

Yesterday Mr. Case mentioned meeting up with some of his (male friends) from church to watch the Mavericks slaughter the Heat. This was an excellent idea to me, as I had no interest in watching the game.

Well, our money tree has yet to bloom so from there I suggested he invite his friends over to our home to watch. From there I learned several of the wives (AKA my dear sweet friends) also wanted to watch the game.  None of my friends have even been interested in sports so this was new for me; I'm much more accustomed to sitting at the table to chat while the game goes on.

You know where this is going, right?

An impromptu party! Our group is famous for the amount of Little Caesar's pizza we buy and last night was no exception. I also baked a butter pecan cake and some brownies. Another friend brought watermelon while still another brought a fruit pizza.

The Mavericks won so I will consider the night a success. Being pregnant got me out of almost all the cleaning and preparations! Next time I fully expect more than 4 hours notice from Mr. Case before hosting an event for 8 people, ha! All in all a great time was had by all.

No comments: