Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ah, Love

Yesterday marked the 4-year anniversary of the world's most epic marriage proposal. When we were discussing marriage, I told Mr. Case several times that I wanted a grandiose, memorable proposal. I know many women desire intimacy and privacy, but not me. I wanted over-the-top and Mr. Case delivered!

On February 14, 2007 Mr. Case professed his undying love for me over the radio on a popular Los Angeles station. The first words out of my mouth, sadly, were profanity because I was so shocked. Hey, I've come a long way and don't curse anymore, but I digress....

I was so stunned that I barely heard his proposal. I made him re-propose several more times so I could feel special. Thankfully, the radio station recorded it and sent us a copy for posterity.

A friend told me his proposal to his wife was intentionally low-key so he wouldn't have to top it year after year. That works for them but I can say with honesty that Mr. Case makes each Valentine's Day memorable.

I hope everybody had a fantastic day. We celebrated on Sunday with a special dinner at The Melting Pot. Last night we ate Golden Chick in bed because I didn't feel too great. Ah, romance, ha!

Here we are, at our wedding venue, shortly after getting engaged!

No comments: